By request, for Rebecca, I'm posting here my mom's surefire recipe to perfect medium-boiled eggs. Yum, yum, and enjoy!
* Place eggs in pan with enough cold water to just cover the eggs. Place pan on stove, covered, and bring to boil.
* Once water begins boiling, reduce heat to medium and time for 3 1/2 minutes more.
* At conclusion of 3 1/2 minutes, scoop each egg out of the pan with a spoon and run under cold water for several seconds.
* Tap with a knife to crack shell and then peel. (Watch your fingers on this part! Ouch, it can sometimes burn if you haven't cooled the eggs under cold water long enough.)
* Once the eggs are peeled and placed in bowl, mash up with a fork.
* Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste. You may also enjoy melting a pat of butter on the eggs for extra flavor.
* Then eat and enjoy!