Hi there, friends.
My first-ever online course launched the beginning of this week, and I've already learned so much through this process. I thought it would be fun to share some of those learnings with you, here at the outset of this big, new adventure.
Things I'm Learning So Far (About Teaching):
- I have a huge heart-crush on my students -- and we've only been learning together for about five days!
- I'm pretty dang humbled to be getting to teach a course about Jesus.
- Jesus is the real teacher of this course, not me.
- I get fiercely passionate about designing a course when the subject is near and dear to my heart.
- A collaborative learning environment is way more interesting and rewarding than a formal, didactic one.
- When recording a teaching video, usually the first take is the keeper.
- Especially if you've spent time in prayer first.
- And you're wearing a cozy cardigan.
- I think I really love teaching.
- I don't think I'll ever get tired of looking at Jesus.