A Series for Attending to Your Life in God
Starting in September 2016, our community will join in a series of spiritual practices that invite us to notice and attend to God, self, and others.
- September :: examen of consciousness
- October :: welcoming prayer
- November :: gracious dialogue
Sign up below to follow along, and join us in our private Facebook group.
Meditation for When the World Is Falling Apart
This meditation was offered to the Still Forming community in the aftermath of a week that included the deaths of Alton Sterling, Philando Castile, and five Dallas police officers.
These events followed weeks of headlines that included Brexit, a bombing in Baghdad that killed more than 200 people, an attack at the Istanbul airport, and the Orlando Pulse shooting that killed 49 people in the LGBTQ community.
Those events came on top of the already difficult realities in our world that include the terror of ISIS, the Syrian refugee crisis, ongoing mass shootings, and racial pain.
No matter what prompted your finding this meditation or at what point in time you are listening to it, you are welcome to listen to it, download it, and share it with others as a moment of space and solace for the soul.
STILL FORMING FOUNDATIONS
In the spring and early summer of 2016, we walked through a series called Still Forming Foundations — a 10-part exploration of what we've found to be essential pieces of the spiritual journey. This series helped our community establish a common language and grounding as we continue moving forward in ongoing growth together.
You are welcome to learn from the series, as well! And you can connect with the community directly by requesting to join our private Facebook group. We'd love to have you with us.
ACCESS THE SERIES CONTENT . . .
- Intro Session: Getting Started
- Foundation 1: You have a spirituality.
- Foundation 2: You have a formation.
- Foundation 3: You have a true self.
- Foundation 4: You have a false self.
- Foundation 5: You are meant to relate to God as you are.
- Foundation 6: You are meant to increasingly image God.
- Foundation 7: You receive ongoing invitations to be transformed by God.
- Foundation 8: You are meant to participate in the invitations God offers you.
- Foundation 9: You are meant for spiritual companionship.
- Foundation 10: You have gifts only you can offer.
- Closing Session: Reflect With Us
The Traveler's Pack resource
During the season of Lent 2016, our community journeyed through a resource called the Traveler's Pack, which helped us discern and respond to God's personal invitation for growth in the current season of our lives. The 37-page PDF was accompanied by six weeks of recorded conversations around each phase of the workbook process. You are welcome to access those resources here.