FOUNDATION 6: YOU are meant to Increasingly Image God.
Increasingly — what does that mean? Image — what's that? God — in what way? Let's explore all three!
- Intro (0:00–7:35)
- Introducing this week's special guest — Kirk! (0:15–0:56)
- Catching up with Kirk and learning what he's been up to (0:57–2:58)
- Link to the Still Forming community survey (open through June 8, 2016)
- Review of last week (2:59–3:39)
- Kirk provides a helpful breakdown of the series (3:40–7:35)
- Talking about increasingly (7:36–10:12)
- This happens over time and is a process (7:36–8:39)
- Comparison to a child's development (8:40–9:30)
- It's not all up to us (9:31–10:12)
- Talking about image (10:13–14:01)
- This is not about behavior modification (10:13–10:41)
- The difference between Jesus and Christ (10:42–12:30)
- This is about the image of God expressed through who we are (12:31–14:01)
- Talking about God (14:02–19:16)
- Scriptural underpinnings (14:02–14:50)
- We, in our true selves, are words spoken forth in accordance with God's nature (14:51–15:38)
- Metaphor of caterpillar and butterfly (15:39–17:58)
- Comparison to parenting children (17:59–19:16)
- The animal kingdom compared to the human species (19:17–22:46)
- Family of barred owls (19:17–20:56)
- Family of peacocks (20:57–22:21)
- Closing (22:47–23:11)
This week's download:
This week's reflection questions:
- How have you seen yourself grow spiritually over time?
- How has that growth reflected different aspects of God's nature in you?
- What are some of the ways you would articulate your true self as expressions of God's essential nature?
As always . . . you're invited to join us in the private Facebook group for conversation around these ideas and the sharing of your experience!