FOUNDATION 7: YOU receive ongoing invitations to be transformed by God.
The spiritual life is marked by invitation. How do you experience God's invitations in your life?
- Intro (0:00–7:21)
- Review of last week's foundation (0:26–1:21)
- Community responses to prayer exercise in the Facebook group (1:22–6:50)
- Thank you for continuing to participate in our community survey (6:51–7:15)
- Link to the Still Forming community survey (open through June 8, 2016)
- Brief overview of Foundation 7 (7:22–8:08)
- Let's talk about invitations in general (8:09–14:20)
- Backstory of invitational language here at Still Forming (8:16–10:48)
- Invitations are showing up in our lives all the time (10:49–12:18)
- Significant life events are also invitations (12:19–13:26)
- Invitations imply a response and freedom of choice (13:27–14:20)
- God has an invitational nature (14:21–20:25)
- Looking at the breadth of Scripture through this lens (14:21–15:08)
- How we might read biblical stories through this lens (15:09–16:07)
- Examples of biblical stories where invitations show up (16:08–20:25)
- We experience seasons of invitation in our lives of formation (20:26–23:45)
- The language of invitation will continue to be a part of Still Forming (20:26–20:43)
- Comparison to the church year (20:44–21:57)
- Intense seasons vs. "ordinary" seasons of formation (21:58–23:45)
- Closing (23:46–24:22)
This week's download:
This week's reflection questions:
- Reflect on the different invitations you have received in your life (to events, to join groups, to socialize, to take a new job, etc.). What have those been like for you?
- What is it like for you to view biblical stories through this lens of invitation?
- How would you describe the season of invitation you're in right now?
As always . . . you're invited to join us in the private Facebook group for conversation around these ideas and the sharing of your experience!