FOUNDATION 8: YOU are meant to participate in the invitations god offers you.
Now that we've learned that God offers us ongoing invitations for our transformation, what happens next? Let's take a look at the part that is ours to play.
- Intro (0:00–3:20)
- Review of last week's foundation (0:26–1:13)
- Connection to this week's foundation (1:14–1:36)
- Supporting biblical passage — Philippians 2:12–13 (1:37–2:41)
- Brief overview of Foundation 8 (2:42–3:20)
- The principle of indirection (3:21–10:00)
- Backstory of my spiritual journey of being invited into grace, unconditional love, and belovedness (3:21–5:39)
- What happened when my particular "grace life" re-met the spiritual disciplines (5:40–6:35)
- Coming face to face with the principle of indirection (6:36–7:46)
- Defining the principle of indirection (7:47–9:08)
- Let's adopt this practice with our invitations (9:09–10:00
- The classical spiritual disciplines (10:01–12:45)
- Applying the principle of indirection to specific invitations in our life (12:46–18:26)
- Closing (18:27–18:53)
This week's download:
This week's reflection questions:
- How are you responding to the idea of the principle of indirection?
- What is your past experience with spiritual practices or disciplines?
- What small spiritual practice might you begin to offer to God as a way of participating in your transformation?
As always . . . you're invited to join us in the private Facebook group for conversation around these ideas and the sharing of your experience!