FOUNDATION 9: YOU are meant for spiritual companionship.
What is your experience of spiritual companionship? How about spiritual friendship? Let's explore together how these are an important gift for the journey.
- Intro (0:00–6:18)
- Review of last week's foundation (0:34–1:57)
- Discussion of Pulse shooting in Orlando (1:58–4:26)
- Moment of prayer for Orlando victims (4:27–5:36)
- Connection to this week's foundation (5:37–6:18)
- Spiritual companionship in community (6:19–12:37)
- What is your experience of community? (6:42–8:30)
- What makes a community, and what can challenge our experience of them? (8:31–10:48)
- Application to the Still Forming community (10:49–12:37)
- Spiritual companionship in friendship (12:38–18:03)
- What is your experience of spiritual friendship? (12:49–13:08)
- Describing spiritual friendship in terms of size (13:09–14:08)
- Describing spiritual friendship in terms of qualities (14:09–14:58)
- Biblical support for our need for other perspectives (14:59–16:20)
- Connection to our experiment with Still Forming village groups last year (16:21–17:04)
- My experience with spiritual friendship (17:05–18:03)
- Further biblical support for spiritual companionship (18:04–20:38)
- Closing (20:39–21:12)
- Life Together in Christ by Ruth Haley Barton
- Sacred Companions by David Benner
- Invitation to a Journey by Robert Mulholland
This week's download:
This week's reflection questions:
- What has been your experience of community?
- What has been your experience of spiritual friendship?
- Where are you experiencing spiritual companionship right now?
As always . . . you're invited to join us in the private Facebook group for conversation around these ideas and the sharing of your experience!