I am most certainly not a morning person, but there are aspects of the morning hours that I love.
When it comes to each day’s morning, I am thankful for:
- Our faithful routine of making coffee for each other
- The quiet sounds of the neighborhood waking up (when I’m awake early enough to notice)
- Time at my desk to read, pray, think, and write
- Diva’s company, whether she’s prowling at my feet for affection, jumping onto the desk to sit sentry, or maneuvering onto my lap for warmth and cuddles
- A home I enjoy waking up in
- The light streaming through our stained-glass windows in the bedroom
- Kirk’s routine of getting ready and how he always kisses me goodbye
- The warmth of blankets
- A peaceful, beautiful view outside my window
- The chance to reconnect with the world through Facebook, Twitter, and email
What about the morning hours makes you thankful?